Wednesday, July 16, 2008

McDonalds Gets Sued Again

A hearing-impaired woman filed a federal lawsuit against a local McDonald's, saying workers refused to let her order food at the drive-thru window.

Karen Tumeh of Lincoln says they insisted she either order at the electronic speaker along the drive-thru lane or come inside to order.

Tumeh wears a hearing aid but still cannot hear while using the drive-thru ordering box at fast-food restaurants, according to the lawsuit.

At least three times since September 2007 workers at a Lincoln McDonald's refused to let her place her order at the drive-thru window, Tumeh said.

In denying her service, McDonald's violated the federal Americans With Disabilities Act, she said. Tumeh's lawsuit seeks to force McDonald's to make accommodations for hearing-impaired people to order food in restaurant drive-thrus.

If making a lazy-ass American get out of their damn car gets you sued then we are in big trouble as a nation.

I can't wait until I can sue the NBA for not letting me play point guard for the Detroit Pistons. As soon as I figure out how to make my lack of leaping ability into a Federally protected disability I should be all set.

The part I don't get is why in the HELL do you wear hearing aid if you still can't hear.

No comments: